On the Stove or Crock Pot Soup
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Minced garlic
- Dried garlic powder (you never have enough…)
- Dried onion flakes
- Dried dill
- 2 cans beans (you can choose the kind)
- 1 pkg chopped frozen spinach
- 1 pkg butternut squash
- 2 cartons organic veggie broth
- Chopped cauliflower
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can wild salmon and/or several egg whites (add egg whites just before serving)
- Sometimes the first meal of this will be vegetarian, next I will add salmon and the next meal will have the egg white. This helps me mix it up rather than feel I am eating exactly the same thing. I can also freeze the rest and have it at a future time.
- You can dump all this in at once if you’re doing the crock pot version.
- I sauté the mushrooms and onions with salt and pepper and deglaze with a little white wine, but you don’t have to. You can use the broth.
- Add more broth if you like a looser soup.
- I put it on auto and let it go…
- For the Stove top version, I sauté onions & mushrooms, deglaze with broth or white wine, add a can of capers rolled in anchovies and then add all the other ingredients.
- It’s a complete meal, and you can add to it to stretch it out over several days so you don’t have to start from scratch all the time!