Roasted Veggies with Squash, Onions, Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut, acorn or delicata Squash
- 2 large white onions
- Carrots - (I like to use the multi-colored ones)
- Brussel sprouts - fresh or frozen
- Olive Oil
- Salt free spice
- White pepper
- Dried onion flakes
- Garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- Scrub squash - (I like to leave the skin on) then cut it into small bite-sized chunks
- Thinly slice the onions
- If the carrots are large, cut into 2 inch long pieces
- Cut brussels sprouts in half
- In a large bowl, put one type of the cut veggies at a time. I do these in groups rather than all together so I can track which veggies are cooking faster and which need more time in the oven
- Drizzle olive oil and spices over them and stir to coat well.
- When they are coated, turn them onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and repeat the process in the bowl until all vegetables are coated and seasoned
- Place the cookie sheets in a 400 degree oven, checking every 15 minutes to turn them and move them around on the sheets.
- Usually they are done in 30 - 40 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in glass containers in the fridge. They are terrific in omelets and on salads!