Did you know 40% of Americans are Obese? Here are 5 tips to help you reverse obesity…
Did you know 40% of Americans are Obese? It’s true! It’s a shocking and very troubling statistic I heard on TV yesterday, and here’s the really scary part. The study was done of Americans in 2015 and 2016. It doesn’t even give us an idea of what’s happening to us now in 2017 and 2018! There is so much to share with you, but for starters, here are 5 tips to help you reverse obesity and get back on track with your weight which directly translates to better health.
1. Cut back on sugar. This is a tough one as even if you don’t have a sweet tooth and aren’t romanced by cookies, cake and pastries, there is sugar hidden in everything. Sugar has over 50 different names, and you can find a list in the resources section of http://ThinStrongHealthy.com so you can check out what you’re really eating in your processed food. Remember that unless you burn all the sugar you’re eating right away, your body stores what it doesn’t need as new fat cells.
2. Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice. The fiber in the whole fruit slows down the metabolizing of the sugar in the fruit; in addition, you get the benefit of a host of other nutritional goodies from eating the whole fruit. Fruit juice is sugar (just like the other 49 types of sugar); sugar goes to fat…
3. Practice portion control and eat mindfully. Get a smaller plate and fill it with reasonable portions of fresh whole food. Eat your food being very mindful of what you’re eating. Chew your food fully rather than shoveling it in while doing 3 different things at the same time. Sound silly? I challenge you to try it. I have to watch myself as well; it’s the times in which we live. Multi-tasking is a badge of honor for many of us, but it doesn’t serve your good health nor does it promote healthy weight.
4. Ditch the soda. Why is soda bad for you? Let me count the ways…Sugar, whether natural or artificial; sodium; chemicals… Did you know if you suffer with depression and drink diet soda, that a serving or two of artificial sweetener can bring on a bout of depression? Try switching to sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon or lime instead.
5. Vegetables – I can hear some of you groaning out there… If you think vegetables are boring, I submit it’s the way you prepare them. Vegetables, when prepared with spices and flavorings have very complex flavors as well as a host of goodness for your body! If there’s nothing green in sight when you look down at your plate, you’re not doing your weight or your health any favors. Make a different kind of salad with dark leafy green vegetables, beets and other vegetables, nuts and seeds and cut up fresh fruit. The salad truly can be the main dish with a small serving of protein…and just watch the pounds melt away – no dieting required! For easy, interesting vegetable recipes, check out the recipe section of http://ThinStrongHealthy.com
I call my philosophy of eating “The Major Method”. It’s not a diet, but it will help you reverse obesity and lose weight without dieting ever again. If you incorporate these suggestions into your daily eating regimen, you will be well on your way to lower weight and better health following “The Major Method”!
Helping You Achieve Major Wellness!
Cheryl A Major, CNWC
I’m Cheryl A Major, a Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant, and I’m dedicated to teaching others the way to better mental and physical health by learning a few simple principles of clean eating. Get started right away here at http://ThinStrongHealthy.com and you’ll be on your way to your own health revolution!