Wild Shrimp with Mushrooms and Scallions
- I begin this recipe with a disclosure/confession...it was so good, we ate it all (I only made enough for two to see if it would be a keeper or not). In addition, I forgot to take a picture of it; this means I will make it again soon and post a photo for you! It was really quick and delicious!
- 1 large cluster oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 4 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 scallions chopped (save one for garnish at the end
- 1 large clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp hot sesame oil
- some veggie broth
- white wine
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- frozen wild shrimp for 2
- Saute the mushrooms and scallions in avocado oil
- Add some salt to taste
- Deglaze with white wine twice
- Create a hot spot and saute the minced garlic
- Pull the garlic to the side with the mushrooms and scallions
- Add the frozen shrimp to the hot spot and let it cook. It can be pretty frozen when you add it; wild shrimp tends to be smaller than farmed
- Mix all together and add veggie broth. If you like your mixtures dry or wet, vary the amount appropriately.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 mins.
- Serve over pasta, rice, quinoa or like we did...over left over cauliflower mashed potatoes. It was delicious!