Simple & Delicious Cod Fillet
- Previously frozen wild caught cod
- White wine – I typically use a chardonnay
- Salt – I like pink Himalayan salt
- Garlic powder
- Put the cod on a plate. and pierce it throughout with a fork.
- Pour white wine over the fish and then salt and shake garlic powder over it.
- Let it marinate for 10-15 minutes. Turn the fish over and let it sit for another 10-15 minutes.
- Brown the fish top down in avocado oil in a cast iron skillet (my favorite way to cook) for about 3 minutes. Then turn it, put sautéed mushrooms and onions you've done earlier back in the skillet with the fish (this is optional), and add a little vegetable broth and some onion flakes and organic white pepper.
- Cover and let it poach until the fish flakes when you test it with a fork.
- In the above photo, I added fresh baby spinach and some leftover cooked pasta for a one skillet dinner!